The PPCA was organized to
- secure unity of action and programs in religious services in all correctional facilities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- elevate the standards of religious programs in our penal institutions
- improve the effectiveness of Chaplains
- maintain the spirit and harmony and cooperation between Chaplains and Superintendents (Wardens)
- work in cooperation with the PA DOC and PA Prison Warden’s Association in the development and delivery of pastoral care and religious services
- serve in an interpretive and advocacy role for prison chaplaincy in PA
- provide a forum for fellowship and support among correctional Chaplains.